Tuesday, July 7, 2009

From MJ's Memorial

This was probably the saddest scene from today's memorial service, when Michael Jackson's daughter Paris, after having been shielded from the media for so long, finally spoke. If I remember correctly, this was right after the group performance of "We Are the World" and the eulogies of Michael Jackson's siblings, who recalled experiences like watching the 1980 Grammys together, of Michael crying because had won only one, and then saying to LaToya, "Watch, LaToya...I will become the biggest and greatest entertainer of all time." Well, you sure as hell did, Michael. The very best wishes to your children.


Paris Jackson, Michael's 11-year-old daughter,
"Ever since I was born, my daddy has been
the best father you could ever imagine. And I
just wanted to say I love him so much."



Edit: I'm not sure what to think about Al Sharpton's participation in this whole thing, especially when I see how nearly all the performers on stage were African-American. Does he have anything to do with Michael Jackson, other than the fact that they're both black? I just hope that he wasn't doing anything more sinister than being the self-serving idiot he always is.